OUTSIDE THE TWIN CITIES
- Did you know Stillwater, Mn, was voted "Top 5 Midwest towns to visit Now" and "One of the Top Ten prettiest Towns in America" by Forbes? Also near there is the scenic St. Croix River Valley with plenty to do.
Location: 45 minutes to an hour north east of Hilton on the Mississippi.
- The Great River Road Scenic Byway is a parkway winding along the beautiful Mississippi River and an experience you will never forget.
Location: East of the Cities
- Explore Duluth and the North Shore of Lake Superior with 41 historic sites and museums. Spend some time hiking, fishing, at Glensheen mansion, and enjoying.
Location: 150 miles north of the Twin Cities.
- Visit the headwaters of the Mississippi and spend time at Minnesota's oldest state park, Itasca State Park. Walk across the Mississippi as it starts its winding journey of 2,552 miles. Experience wildlife, history, geology, and landscape.
Location: 200 miles north of the Twin Cities
- Fishing in Minnesota is a mainstay. The Lakes around the cities are some of the best stocked lakes in the state. If you want a real adventure and to get back to nature, then the Boundary Waters is a trip of a lifetime. Along with these the MN State Parks are second to none. There are some great parks right around the Twin Cities area too.
Location: Refer to maps
- Minnesota Wineries abound across the state. The University of Minnesota has helped develop grapes that are Midwest hardy. This has seen an explosion of Wineries in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Experience the thrill of meeting a Bald or Golden Eagle at the National Eagle Center. Climb in an eagle's nest or test your strength against that of an eagle. Discover how they soar and see them in their natural habitat.
Location: Wabasha, MN - 1.5 hours from the Hotel
Cost: $8.00 adults, $6.00 youth, $7.00 Veterans, $7.00 Seniors. Members & Under 3 - free
- Minnesota Casinos provide 24 hour entertainment. There's never a shortage of promotions & events at the Casinos.
- We love horses, and horse racing has been thriving these last couple years in Minnesota. Premier facilities have daily racing and a card club for even more entertainment. Check out Canterbury Park horse racing and Running Aces Harness Park (Running Aces Season will be over at the time of the ESS Symposium).
- If you are looking for some thrills, go enjoy the rides at Valleyfair Amusement Park. If it gets hot, you can cool off at Soak City Waterpark while you are there!
Location: Golden Valley, MN