ESS MINNESOTA: TOP THINGS TO DO
IN THE TWIN CITIES:*
- The Twin Cities are known for their many beautiful parks and outdoor spaces, so go enjoy the outdoors! You can enjoy any of our waterfalls (Minnehaha Falls, St. Anthony Falls), lakes (Chain of Lakes), and rivers (Fort Snelling State Park, Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, Stone Arch Bridge). For a mix of art and outdoors, check out the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
- If you need a break from horses, we have many other animals you can go see! With two different zoos (Como Park Zoo & Conservatory; Minnesota Zoo) and an aquarium (Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium), there are endless animals to see.
- Breweries, breweries, breweries...the Twin Cities is home to many of them! You can take a tour of multiple breweries (Hoppy Trolley Craft Brewery or Bitter Minnesota), or you can simply pick one or two to go visit (such as Summit Brewing Co. and Surly Brewing Co.).
- Go see a show! Whether you want to see a musical or play at one of our many theaters (Guthrie, Orpheum, State Theatre) or a classical concert or opera at either the Ordway or Orchestra Hall, there are plenty of options in the Twin Cities!
- Explore some of the many neighborhood stores and restaurants and enjoy some shopping and eating! In St. Paul, take a stroll along Grand Ave and/or Selby Ave. In Minneapolis, meander around Uptown and/or Nicollet Mall.
Cost: Depends how much you eat and shop!
- Spend a couple hours walking around a museum. You can learn about the history of Minnesota at the Minnesota History Center, or see why Minneapolis was once known as the "flour capital of the world" at the Mill City Museum. If fine arts are more your style, then check out the Minneapolis Institute of Art (MIA) or the Walker Art Center. For the kids, the Science Museum of Minnesota holds a variety of activities!
Cost: $10-25; MIA is free
- Of course, no trip to Minnesota is complete without a visit to the Mall of America. With a roller coaster, theater, aquarium, and lots of restaurants, there is much more to do than just shopping!
Location: Right off 494, by MSP
- Go visit one of our many historical sites! Spend the afternoon learning about military history at Fort Snelling, or perhaps take a tour of the beautiful Cathedral of St. Paul or Basilica of St. Mary. Tour the mansions of some of Minnesota's elite, such as railroad tycoon James J. Hill or Minnesota's first governor, Alexander Ramsey.
- Relax and watch a baseball game. Whether you want to see a MLB game with the Minnesota Twins, or see a minor league game with the St. Paul Saints, you are bound to have a good time.
Location: Target Field and CHS Field, respectively
*All activities/places listed are within 10 miles of the Hilton Hotel.