Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport (MSP) is recommended as your destination airport. Most major airlines have direct flights into MSP from major cities in the U.S. and internationally. This airport is about 10 minutes (3 miles) from the Symposium hotel. Information about MSP, including ground transportation options, can be found at https://www.mspairport.com/
Getting To/From the Airport to the Conference Hotel:
- *Free* conference hotel shuttle – contact the Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America hotel front desk at 952-854-2100 to alert them of your arrival. The dispatcher will request your call-back number and verify whether you’re in Terminal 1 (Lindberg Terminal) or Terminal 2 (Humphrey Terminal). The shuttles will pick up every 30 minutes at approximately the 5/10 and 35/40 after each hour between 4am and 1am. Please follow directional signage to the Ground Transportation Shuttle Area or inquire at an airport information desk. You can also arrange return transportation from the hotel to the airport; check with the hotel’s front desk for details.
- Taxi service or UBER/LYFT – a variety of taxicab companies can be hired for transportation (minimum $15 one-way from the airport to the hotel). Taxicab service is available at both terminals in the MSP airport; follow directional signage for ground transportation to access taxi services. For further information, go to the MSP airport website (https://www.mspairport.com/). Minneapolis/St.Paul is an UBER/LYFT area with transportation available to/from the airport. A separate area designated for “App-Based Ride Services” is available; follow directional signage at the airport. For more information regarding UBER, visit https://www.uber.com/airports/msp/.
- Light Rail Transit (LRT) – LRT station stops are located in both terminals at the MSP airport and connect travelers to 17 other destinations, including downtown Minneapolis to the north and Mall of America to the south. Fares range from $1.75-2.25, depending on the time of day. The closest LRT stop to the conference hotel is the American Blvd. stop and will require walking approximately 3 blocks. You can access further information on the MSP airport website (https://www.mspairport.com/).
- Car Rental – most major rental car companies have offices in the MSP airport. Contact the rental car company of your choice directly for rates and availability. Reservations are recommended.
- Driving yourself? – visit the conference hotel website for maps, driving directions and parking information: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/minnesota/hilton-minneapolis-st-paul-airport-mall-of-america-MSPAHHF/ Free parking is available for guests staying at this hotel.
Getting Around Locally:
- *Free* hotel shuttle to the Mall of America – courtesy shuttles depart the hotel lobby every hour from 10:20am to 10:20pm. The drop-off and pick-up areas at the MOA are in the same location and shoppers returning to the hotel are encouraged to be ready for pick-up at 25/30 minutes past each hour.
- Light Rail Transit (LRT) – connects to many locations in the Minneapolis/St.Paul area. The closest LRT stop to the conference hotel is the American Blvd. stop and will require walking approximately 3 blocks. You can access further information by visiting with the hotel front desk or visiting the LRT website at: https://www.metrotransit.org/light-rail
- Taxi service or app-base ride services (UBER or LYFT) – private taxicabs or app-based ride services can be hired to take you to your destination. Visit with the hotel front desk or concierge to arrange taxi pick-