Equine Science Society Members,
The ESS Board of Directors is calling for nominations for the 2021-2023 Equine Science Society graduate student representative. Nominations are to be submitted via email to Ellen Rankins at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 14, 2021, at 5 pm EST.
The Equine Science Society graduate student representative serves a two-year ex officio term as a representative for students on the ESS board of directors.
- The candidate must be a graduate student (MS or PhD) during the two-year term.
- The candidate must be a member of ESS.
Guidelines for Nomination and Materials:
- The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 14, 2021 at 5 pm EST.
- Graduate students can nominate themselves, or can be nominated by their peers, advisor, or anyone else. If the graduate student is not self-nominated, they will be contacted prior to voting to verify that they are willing to serve as the graduate student representative. Graduate students who are not self-nominated and do not confirm that they wish to serve the term will not be added to the ballot.
- Please include an email address for the nominee in the nomination email (if not self-nominated).
- Please include a short citation (300 words or less) for inclusion on the ballot outlining why the student is qualified for the position. Please provide the citation in a Word document.
- The electronic poll will be opened on Monday, May 24, 2021, at 9 am EST.
- The link for the polling site will be distributed via email to student members of ESS.
- Polling will close at 5 pm EST on Thursday, June 3, 2021.
- All graduate student ESS members are encouraged to vote in the election.
- The new ESS graduate student representative will be announced at the ESS General Meeting on Friday, June 4, 2021. All nominees should plan to attend this meeting.
Please direct any questions regarding nomination, position details, or voting procedures to Ellen Rankins at email@example.com.
ESS Graduate Student Representative